24 May, 2011

One More Gun Before I Go




I like collecting images and stories of bizarre weaponry, especially guns. The Marklin Rifle is one thing, but there's a whole bevy of strange guns that are just out there existing between the memories of more famous guns like the Winchester or the Lee-Enfield or the Maxim Gun or the AK47. They're all there, just waiting for you to find them. That's one of the reasons I like this Western (or one of the Westerns) I am working on. The Old West and that whole time period is this very unique transition period between what firearms were and what they were going to become. The thing is-- what makes it so much fun-- is that at the time nobody knew what was the formula that was going to work. It's like this Cambrian Era of flourishing life and diversity right before a meteor hit the earth or something (in this case, that Extinction Event would probably be World War I).

Anyways, here's a bunch of guns. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment