19 March, 2014

A Thought on Iron Man 3

I just finished Iron Man 3 and I've got one burning question about the climax of the movie:


Did Tony Stark just kill a bunch of disabled veterans?

I mean, I don't want to throw a damper on the whole movie, but that is what his big move was, right? That was the entirety of the climax? To take out as many amputees as possible? I can't say that I've ever seen a movie rely on the death of so many Purple Heart winners, so I guess this movie does have that in its favor.

As far as the rest of the film goes, I feel the usual wave of emotions that come with accetable superhero films: It could have been cut by twenty minutes. It's nice to see that much fan service. Their one use of an R-rated cuss word was pretty solid (does "pussy" count?). At least one of the villains was excellent. And at the end of all of this it had a story-- one that made sense, too and not in a "It's a comic book movie" kind of way. It's a big comic book movie and it delivers exactly what it's supposed to.

Iron Man 3: It's thoroughly okay!

The next movie on my slate is going to be The Limey. I have this inkling that I am going to feel very different about that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment